Simple yet Working Explanatory Essay Guidelines
You can hardly find a topic that has only one correct explanation. Everything in this world is perceived from different points of view. You can’t say something is true because another person will state the opposite. It all depends on the way you look at the situation or an event. How is it possible to persuade people that your vision of the problem is correct? This is what we are going to discuss in the article.
Explanatory essay: the idiosyncrasies of the writing process
First off, you should answer the main question: what is an explanatory essay? There’s so much information on the web about the definition of the task. You don’t need to learn the definition by heart. Your task is to understand the major idea behind the assignment. What stands behind the name of the task?
An explanatory essay is sought to express a specific position towards a particularly problematic situation. In the course of writing, you are supposed to give your assessment of the situation by providing relevant arguments, figures, and logical conclusions. What approach should you take when working on the task? Make sure you have your position and are ready to defend it. This way, the readers will trust your words and consider your paper a great example of academic writing.
Should you be subjective here? To be true, your paramount task is to present the fact or the idea from the most unbiased position. You need to tell the readers how it all happened in reality. How should you do it? By careful research, you are supposed to find argumentative points to prove the correctness of your idea. In most cases, you are to deal with the task when studying history, art, or literature. These majors usually focus on the research of real-life situations.
Here’s something you should remember when working on the arguments. You aren’t debating with other points of view. Your task is to present a neutral position for the readers to let them make their own choice. If you have a strong position towards the discussed matter, make sure to present more neutralized explanations. You aren’t in a debate with other writers. With well-developed research, careful analysis, and vivid arguments, you can succeed in explanatory paper writing.
What is the major objective of your paper? This is an easy one. When the reader finishes processing the paper, they should have a clear picture of the situation or event presented as the topic in the text. The job is done well if the writing is read coherently and includes both arguments and conclusions. To get enough attention from the readers and reach the initial goal, following working writing strategies is necessary.
How to deal with explanatory essay writing: an outline issue
How should you start working on the paper? We have already discussed what an essay stands for. You might think that choosing the topic goes next. And that’s true. Discussing the structure of the paper should go after the topic is chosen. So, if you can do it beforehand, try to think about the theme of the writing first.
Now it is time to get the length of your paper. You should figure out how much information you are going to interpret in the text. If you have a lot of facts, you should consider a broader body part. If you use a small number of facts, you can reduce the overall number of paragraphs.
Let’s get to the structure of the paper. What components should fill your text? How many should building blocks be there in your paper? This is the most detailed guide to manage explanatory essay writing.
Introduce your topic
You must not be amazed by this part of the writing. Every academic paper task starts with an introduction. Do you think that working on the introductory part is easy? We should tell you the opposite. When you start writing a paper, it is important to consider the following aspects:
- Hook. The first structural component in the introductory part is a hook. If you want to draw attention to your paper, it is necessary to insert a well-developed hook in the text. The hook is a sentence to start your topic. The main goal here is to divert the readers. You can use a pun, a wordplay, or an anecdote. When describing serious issues, you can resort to overwhelming statistics or controversial statements. It is your choice which hook type to choose. The most important thing is to make it relevant and up to a point.
- Now we come to the background info. What should you resort to in this introduction part? If you explain different historical events or some global situations, you should give the reader some time to remind them. It is always a good idea to get to show general information about the topic. By doing so, the readers are sure to get more insights into the text, understand the overall picture better, and discuss the points in the text.
- The final part of the introduction is a thesis statement. It often happens that students underestimate the significance of a thesis section. To state it shortly, in the thesis statement, you need to render the paper’s main idea. What specs are to be discussed in work? By omitting this step, you can misguide the readers. Formulate your idea, insert some general hints to the arguments and move to the next part.
Many students work on the introduction first and then get back to it when the paper is done. It is especially common for writing a thesis statement. And there’s nothing bad about writing the beginning of the paper afterward. This way, you can formulate your sentences better.
Present your arguments
You have presented the topic. What’s next? Now you need to explain the event and let the readers get an idea of the situation. This is the major task for body paragraph writing. Now we approach the most interesting and informative part of the writing. Here your task is to present the main arguments and show the position for the readers.
How many parts do you need here? The question is quite abstract. First of all, you need to focus on the requirements of the task. What rules and guidelines do you have in the task of the paper? If you have any directives, make sure to follow them. By violating the instructions, you won’t get impressive results. If you have no specifications about the length or number of paragraphs, you should use a simple tip.
When you have the topic, list the main ideas to be featured. These should be the most vivid and global through to consider in gate subject of the paper. When you have the list of ideas, you can work on the arguments. Make sure each idea is carefully described in a separate paragraph.
Particular attention should be paid to the structure of the paragraphs:
- Start your discussion with the topical sentence. What idea do you want to refer to? You start with the opening statement and move to the importance.
- The next step is to define the significance of the discussion.
- Your next task is to present the arguments. This paragraph may be the most voluminous due to its informativeness.
- The final step is mandatory, too. You should give a brief conclusion to each statement. It will help finish the discussion and put the final point.
Leaving your body paragraphs poorly structured is a mistake. If you want the reader to comprehend the content. Get the facts clearly and enjoy the conversation; you need to organize the facts properly.
Time to conclude
Finally, we come to the conclusive part of the paper. Aren’t you thrilled to finish the task and enjoy the fruits of your work? If you want to manage this section like a pro, follow these tips:
- First off, consider restating a thesis. What should be done first? You need to follow a specific order and move logically from the very first parts of the paper. A thesis statement goes first. For this reason, you should paraphrase this part to remind the readers about the basics.
- The next responsible task is to restate the arguments. Here you need to summarize what was said in the main section. If you make up a list of arguments, it will be easier to refer to them in a conclusion.
- Do you want to leave a lasting impression on the readers? Then you should leave some space for discussions. You don’t need to make all the points clear to the reader. Try to give some room for your audience. By leaving some questions unanswered, you raise interest in the text and the topic in general.
Ready to hit the win and get this paper done fast? There’s nothing complicated about the writing part. If you check the guide and follow the outline, you will manage the task as easily as ABC.
Time to polish your paper a little
Having a well-structured paper is great. But would you like to make it even more engaging? We are happy to introduce you to several working tips. These are the things done by fluent writers. You can use them as well to make up an immaculate piece of writing.
- Choose unique topics. It is always an interesting trip to investigate ideas that no one had researched before. If you have an interest in weird and extraordinary things, you can try explaining them to others. This way, your project will attract more attention and be more valuable.
- Choose your topic carefully. There are different techniques to pick up the right theme. You can choose the one offered by the assignment. Or you can follow your preferences and choose on your own. Try to look for a topic that has a lot of information online. Otherwise, you will find it extremely hard to deal with the task.
- Make sure to polish the paper. What is meant by polishing the text? It is easy. You should check if all the requirements are met. If there’s something else that is missing, try to fix it as fast as possible.
- What about the checking procedure? Don’t be the kind of writer who forgets about the most crucial part of text writing. You can’t omit to check the paper. There are different aspects. First of all, you need to look at the mistakes and get rid of them. The issue of clarity should also be fixed. Need help from outside? Always a nice idea to ask someone to read your paper, too.
These simple tips may help you reach your writing goals and get a better quality result in the end.
Explanatory essay writing needs a lot of work from the writer. A lot of tasks should be done to present the information to the readers in the relevant format. If you want to manage such assignments professionally, it is necessary to work on the inner structure of the paper.
The inner constitution of the paper is its structure, topic choice, and clarity of the paper. If you manage all these aspects, you are sure to get a successful result in the end. In the guide, you can learn useful tips to perform well-developed writing. Explanatory essays are easier than you expect if you follow the right order. Choose the topic, open our guide, and perform amazing results on your own.
What about some extra help?
Need more tips to write the paper? If you have little time and the supervisor is asking for the final paper, you can relax. There’s no need to be in a rush and try to manage the tasks on time. We have a decision. You can choose our company to cope with your academic papers online.
It is such a beneficial deal. You address your question to our team of writers, and we start working on the task. All you need is to wait some time. You will receive your paper before the deadline. It will be successfully submitted to the professor—no need to get worried about the assignment. Our professional writers will take over the responsibility and manage the paper perfectly.